Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Hospital

                                   Hospital

2nd in the Deleted scenes series 

By Tunnel Writer



Catherine drifted in and out of consciousness. Each time she awoke, for a split instant she was taken back to the soft and warm quilts, the calming tapping on the pipes, but most of all the comforting sound of Vincent's voice. Then she'd quickly get her bearings and realize there wasn't any tapping, and definitely not Vincent's comfort nearby. 


 I wish Vincent was here. He knew exactly what to say to comfort me, reassure me, and keep me company. Here I'm alone except for the nurses checking on me. They sure couldn't spend hours reading to me the way Vincent did. We never finished Great Expectations.  I wish I could relive those days falling asleep to his voice. Nurses sure could take lessons from him. She gently chuckled. 


Catherine yawned. 

OUCH that hurt. Catherine gently rubbed her aching cheek before drifting back to sleep. 


She awoke with a start.. 

"Vincent?"

"No, Cathy……"


No comments:

Post a Comment

  On Tuesday, January 17, 2023 at 08:00:57 AM PST, Angela McQuiston <dilliedallie27@yahoo.com> wrote:                                 ...