Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Ellie's Letter WFOL 2022 Round robin

 Ellie was amazed by the stars. She'd never seen so many or knew they could shine this brightly. She giggled as they twinkled Good night

What's this? 

Some stars were coming closer and closer while connecting to others. 

Ellie was so amazed she could only stare. 

They were flying straight to her. 

Wait! Those aren't stars! They're… 

When all the pieces were put together, they glowed gently like a candle. 

There's not just one. There are many!

The first glowing piece flew right into her hands. 

Dear Ellie,

I'm so sorry I told you I hated you. I really don't. You're the best big sister anyone ever had. You always took care of me and looked out for me. Well, don't worry about me now. I'm going to be OK.

Remember when we were little and we'd talk about when we grow up? You always said you wanted to be a nurse. I always said I wanted to be a baseball player. Well, I have changed my mind. I want to be a doctor and help Father. Maybe I can stop someone else's sister from dying.

When I get married, I hope I have a little girl so I can name her Ellie. 

I love you so much and will miss you forever.

Love, your little brother,

Eric

"Ellie, I see you received some letters." 

"Yes, Mommy. Eric wrote this one."

"One day, we will be reunited," her mother said while smoothing her daughter's hair. 

"May I go visit him?" she asked hopefully. 

A man spoke up. "We can visit him in his dreams anytime you want. You know what? We can all go now."

"Thank you, Daddy!"

Ellie smiled as the man picked her up and placed her on his shoulders. 

The man turned toward his smiling wife, and  took her hand. He placed a gentle kiss on it, and together they left to visit Eric. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

When Two Worlds Become One (2022 Conzine submission)

"Joe, that witness was lying," Catherine stated as she impatiently waited at the crosswalk.  She stomped her feet in the snow, ...